Monday, September 29, 2008

Today is the day that Kellie has two teeth pulled! eeek. She's not a happy camper right now. I just thought I would stop by and say hi before we leave. Should be a quick procedure and we should be home again in about 2 hours. Poor Kellie. Lots of tears the past few days.


This is Birdie Jason's parrot...


Back when he was a baby and loved everyone. Now he thinks only Jason is worthy.
He's a Timneh African Gray...

I hate him. He hates me. We understand each other. Birdie lives in our family room just off the kitchen. He takes up valuable space. If I sit down to eat ANYTHING he runs over to his food dish (as you see here)...puts his little foot in and hurls food at me. Yeah, that's goinna get ya a treat. So I yell...Quit it Birdie! Knock it off Birdie! on and on. And to me he says "hahahahhahahaha" "Hey Birdie!" "helloooo?" "How-word!" "Outside!" "Whatcha doin?" "Birdie peanut?" on and on. I will admit he's funny but he's a nasty bird to everyone but Jason.

So I made a ham for dinner last week and we had Lemon Basil Pasta With Ham with the left overs. It's a Betty Crocker recipe but I couldn't find it on the BC website so they must have taken it off. It's soooooo good! You have to make this.

Lemon Basil Pasta With Ham

Prep: 10 min Cook: 20 min

2 Cups Uncooked Rotini Pasta (6 ounces)

2 Cups 1-inch Pieces Asparagus Spears

1 Cup Diced Fully Cooked Ham

1 TBSP Grated Lemon Peel

1 Clove Garlic, Finely Chopped

1/4 Cup Olive or Vegetable Oil

1/2 Cup Sliced Fresh Basil Leaves

1/2 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese (2 ounces)



1. Cook pasta as directed on package, adding asparagus during the last 3 or 4 minutes of cooking. Drain.

2. Return pasta mixture to the saucepan. Stir in ham, lemon peel, garlic and oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Stir in basil. Sprinkle with cheese. 4 Servings.

It's one of our favorites. Try it.

5 comments:

randi said...

I hope your girl's time at the dentist goes well, with no problems! She will feel much better when it is done!

Jackie said...

Hope it went ok.

Kris said...

Hey Kellie! Hope you are happier now that it is over.

Birds can be so mean. I don't know that I could handle that meanness at my house! You're a star!

kris

miss chris said...

I am sooo going to try this. Sounds yummy.

And that bird. Eeep.

miss chris said...

this was good... but I regret not having or using fresh basil like you suggested!