Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Things Are Looking Up...

I made these for my niece and thought I would show them to you...




I love the turtle...
I used size 15 seed beads.


So I checked on Jump Rope Girl...



She's looking better. All the red that was splashed across the right side is gone even on the binding...




And my big excitement of the day...I'm off to Chandler Arizona tomorrow with Mark. He has a final job interview. YIKES. I'm somewhere between really excited and a nervous break down. One side of me thinks he wont be getting the job because it's too perfect and there are two people on the inside also applying--Mark thinks one of those two will get it because why move someone across the country if they have two local people to choose from.... The other part of me thinks he'll definitely get it because of his credentials. He's been in this field for 27 years and he has an MBA and a law degree -- he's frickin brilliant! Look at this guy...

how can they not pick him! :O) Of course if he does get the job that will mean crazy crazy times for me. Packing, packing, packing. Getting all of our junk, the 6 of us and our pets 2,320.45 miles from here will be a bit tricky! It's 35 hours and 52 minutes if we drove non-stop from our door here to our door there. Mmmmm, good times that! Mark: I might have to fly out ahead of you for the job. Me: Mmmhmm. And I may have to beat you in your sleep with a bat. :O) And I think it may be against the law for me to drive alone in a car with 4 kids and pets across the country for like 5 days of straight driving while on crack and drinking vodka. Just sayin'.

The good news is that I get to stay at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort - Accommodations for the next few days. I'm meeting a realtor on Thursday morning to look at houses in case we are moving. If we aren't moving then I'm completely waisting my time and his! Oh well. It can't be helped. If Mark gets this job we would have to be in Arizona by the middle of October. That wouldn't leave any time for house hunting. So this is a necessary house hunt. And I will have to get our house here on the market and houses just aren't selling here right now! I really do hope he gets the job. It would be a great opportunity for all of us. Cross those fingers for me...Talk to ya Monday. Have a great weekend.

Oh, and my sister will be staying with my kids while we are away...oh this should be good. :O)

3 comments:

miss chris said...

Go Mark!!!! And have a super fun time. Don't even let the idea of moving overwhelm you while you're there... enjoy!

Kayla coo said...

Hope it all works out ok for you.
The best of luck.
Michala x
oh and lovely stitching!

Clevelandgirlie said...

I love your little button whole stitched pieces here. They are so clever and fun!

So sorry your move to AZ didn't work out, but if it's any consolation - every time we see the summer weather report in Arizona we always say, "so glad we don't live there" as the summers are brutal. We travel out that way every year (Monument Valley) and summers are rough. We live in Carolina (not far from MD) and Maryland is beautiful. Wouldn't you miss the snow??