Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thanks!

Hey! maggik moments gave me this! How sweet is that. Made my day!
And Chris is looking for some yummy meals that her kids will eat. I thought I would share this recipe for Chicken Tarragon. My kids absolutely love it! They ask for it all the time. It's nothing special, but for some reason it's their favorite meal. Mark's not as crazy about it. He eats it when I make it and he doesn't complain but if given a choice he would probably pick something else. Anyway, here is the recipe:
CHICKEN TARRAGON
1/4 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Sliced Onions (I chop mine)
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1 Pound Boneless Chicken Breasts, Diced
1 1/2 Cups Sliced Carrots
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
1/2 tsp Tarragon
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 1/2 Cups Water
1 3/4 Cups Chicken Broth
1 1/2 tsps Lemon Juice
3 Cups (8 ounces) Large Pasta Shells, Uncooked
2 Tbsp Flour
2 Tbsp Water
In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter and cook onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add Chicken, carrots, parsley, poultry seasoning, tarragon, and pepper. Continue to cook until chicken is lightly browned. Blend in water, chicken broth and lemon juice. Bring to a rapid boil. Stir in Shells and continue boiling covered, stirring occasionally for 11 minutes or until shells are tender. Reduce heat and gradually add flour blended with water until thickened. Makes about 6 servings.
I have to tell you that I like a little more flavor to my food so I add a little more of the tarragon and poultry seasoning than they call for -- around 1 tsp each
That's it for me this morning -- I have to run -- too much to do and no time to do it!

3 comments:

miss chris said...

This looks delish. Thanks for posting, hon! xoxo

Kris said...

I love it when the kids actually like what I cook. It kind of makes me feel that the effort was worth it. My DH Bradley pretty much eats whatever I cook, but those children are fussy!

miss chris said...

This was so yummy... thanks for the recipe. :)