Monday, September 15, 2008

So Relaxed...

I feel so relaxed after that little break. Arizona was beautiful. The weather was perfect...

90 degrees, but not killer hot! So different from 90 degrees at home in Maryland. Anyhoo, I was all by myself the entire day Thursday because Mark was in meetings all day. I met with the Realtor and we found a really nice house in this neighborhood...





The kids will love this lake in the community just two houses down from the house we are looking at.

Then I spent the rest of my day here...


on the porch for our room reading, quilting and texting with the kids. It was so nice in the shade. I hate to eat alone, so lunch and dinner alone in the hotel restaurant wasn't much fun. I took my book so that helped. Mark was also in interviews Friday until around 1:30pm but then we had the rest of the day together to drive around and have dinner together so that was nice.


When I got home and opened the front door...WHAT IS THAT SMELL?!!! Molly: What does it smell like? ME: Chemicals! Molly: Kind of like plastic? ME: YES! Molly: Hahaha, well let me tell you about that smell...Mommom came over to have lunch with Aunt Ann on Friday and decided to make tea. She put your electric tea pot on the stove and turned on the burner. The entire house filled with smoke and when she lifted it off all the wires were hanging out the bottom of the pot.


Yeah, this is why she wasn't asked to stay with the kids!!! She couldn't understand why I would ask my sister who lives two hours away to come and stay when she lives less than a mile from my house. Yeah, basically I wanted to make sure the kids and the house would survive my trip! I don't understand how she could lift the pot off of the base and not notice that it was electric! So now I'm worried about the burner too. I have a glass top stove. What does melting wire and plastic do to a glass top stove I wonder? I'm a little afraid to find out. And then there is Jason's parrot and Kellie's parakeets -- I'm glad they're still alive, but for all I know they could have brain damage. And my sister said that poor Howard was so upset it took him an hour to stop shaking. They had to put him outside before he had a heart attack! So anyway, my house still smells like melted plastic and it's been 3 days~great!


So today Jason is home sick (possibly strep because Molly had it last week) and we are all just waiting to hear if Mark got the job or not. A little stressed about that, it could go either way. He felt confident in the interviews and got a lot of positive feedback (one guy even said "I'll be seeing you again soon.") so we'll see. Have a good Monday!

4 comments:

miss chris said...

oh I'm crossing my fingers for you! I'm glad you had a relaxing time. Isn't it soooo different without the humidity? Strange.

Sandra Evertson said...

Lovely and your pup Howard is adorable!
Sandra

Kris said...

Glad you had such a good time. How long till you find out about the job? It's hard when things are undecided. Hope you find out soon! (Hey, how old is your Molly? I have one of those myself and your conversation with her when you got home sounds just like mine!)

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I`m asking to all the Bloggers to support our dear FRIEND Mandy!
Please do come over, and DO LEAVE A COMMENT!

Kisses
Debbie Moss

Thanks so much for your SUPPORT!