Thursday, September 18, 2008

Gettin' It Together...

So after I posted yesterday I decided that to get myself in a better mood what I needed was a little retail therapy. So off to Joann Fabrics with some coupons where I bought some very nonessential stuff...

A little fabric...

Some fun fabrics to add to the stash...

I'm not sure what I will make with these, but I thought the greens/blues/browns went well together and had to have them... (I hope they look better on your computer than they do on my laptop! eek, they looked fine on the other computer -- but this one -- hmmm.)
And a little holiday fabrics for some ornaments/Christmas cards I want to make this year...


And some buttons, beads, ribbon, bells...I love the clearance bins...
And a new book and some new magazines...
Some new tiny cookie cutters should a little cookie therapy be needed...

Stopped off for a nutritious lunch...

And then it was home to eat this....
while doing a little of this...
Until it was time for Ghost Hunters to come on. Wednesday is ghost hunters/ghost hunters international marathon night - I love that stupid show! :O) And I ordered sandwiches for dinner from the sub shop! Yes, I do believe all is now right with the world. Now I just need to convince Mark that he doesn't need a Koi pond in the backyard to feel better! What is that man thinking?! Clearly I need to have him medicated...A Koi pond? In the backyard? With Howard? I think not. Can't you just hear him when he looks out and sees Howard standing in the middle of the pond, barking at the fish, eating the plants and generally splashing around like an idiot? Koi pond - I think that's a no. :O) Have a great day!

4 comments:

miss chris said...

Your posts always crack me up. I never know what I'm gonna get. Oboes? Check. Dead Languages? Check. Koi ponds? Check.

And I can't leave Joanns without picking up a candy bar.

Randi said...

Oh Wow! You really know how to add to a fabric stash! I love the greens/blues/browns!

The thought of Howard standing in the koi pond barking at the fish is cracking me up! I can totally imagine my own dog doing the same thing!

The Vintage Kitten said...

Thankyou so much for your support and lovely comment left on Debbies blog. Everyone has been so kind. I appreciate the time you took to pop over to my friends blog to leave a message. Thanks again, Mandy XXX

Clevelandgirlie said...

Am having a ball reading your posts -- the posts about "Howard" of course, being my favorite. I also like your "idea" of the way to spend an afternoon - shopping, reading, and eating Snickers. I do believe we are kindred spirits!