Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Different Kind Of Disaster...

Well, Hanna came and went without any problems for us. But tonight I had a bit of a catastrophe! I was drinking red wine. I left the room for just a moment. Came back and reached over to turn on the lamp next to where I was quilting....knocked over the wine glass which hit my sewing basket and smashed all over the floor -- splashing onto my cream wool rug! Being super stealthy sos Mr Mark wouldn't catch on...I cleaned it all up and the only casualty from the entire incident seems to be....Jump Rope Girl! Yep, she was sitting on top of the sewing basket. She looks like she was jumping rope in the sun without her sun screen on! I rinsed her in the sink (or renched her in the zink as they would say in Balmer)...applied some soap...rinsed again and now she is drying. I can't tell yet if she will survive or not. Poor Jump Rope Girl! Ahh! Mad Men is starting...gotta go! Talk to you later!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Glad to hear you are safe and sound despite hurricanes! Hey! You've got it in for jump rope girl, don't you! Hope she survives!

randi said...

Too bad about your jump rope girl! I hope she dries up perfectly!