Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back to sewing...

***WARNING*** The following craft photos just might be the worst photos ever posted. Sorry...

This is a little UFO I pulled out today.
I made these cross stitch blocks back in 1997 (oops, for Molly)
and made them into this quilt top for -- Kellie. Then as usual, I put it aside and forgot all about it. As you know, I've been pulling out all of my old quilt tops to finish. It's a lot! So anyway, I decided to get this finished for Kellie before Christmas. I need to get the backing fabric and binding so that I can get started on this. I'm going to do very basic quilting -- nothing fancy -- I think with those girls being on linen cross stitch fabric I'm going to just quilt about 1/2 inch inside the edge all the way around on each one and then just do a basic X in each of the colored blocks extending it into the two white borders - ya know what I mean. Anyway, she'll be very happy and hopefully Molly wont remember that these blocks started out for her. ;O)

So my friend Robin asked how the aquarium is going...I must not have told you about the mass exodus! When we went to the beach in August everything was fine. We asked my mom (mmmhmm) to come and feed the fish. We were only gone 5 days. We came home on Wednesday. We noticed that our big Heniochus looked funny. By Friday he was dead. Saturday 3 more fish died. Monday 2 more fish died. Wednesday 2 more fish died. We were down to just 4 fish. We really aren't sure what started it all. Everything looked fine. The water quality never changed -- all the tests showed the water quality was great. I don't know if my mom was cooking the food, forgetting to turn the pump back on (which would cause the water temp to drop) or what. But everything seems to have settled down again now. What's left looks healthy and is eating. We did get a new clown fish last week and he seems fine, too.


And Mark totally screwed up his back again (he had back surgery last October 1st for a ruptured disk) digging ginormous holes in the ground for the pond, then for bushes around his pond. It went like this...



Friday I told him...you're going to screw up your back! You shouldn't be digging! "No! You just have to be careful! I know how to handle this." Mmmmhmmm. You sure do! Flat on his back all day yesterday and he could barely get out of bed this morning. "You really should stay home one more day so that your back has time to recover (from your dumb ass - hard headed - unnecessary work over the weekend). "MARY! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO LAY AROUND IN BED -- I HAVE WORK TO DO!" Okay Honey (don't let the door hit you on the way out!) Try to have a good day. AND BE NICE TO THE SECRETARIES! (it's not their fault they work for an idiot!) :O) Sometimes I wish he could read my mind. :O) Seriously, you have no idea how bad it is when his back hurts. He is so nasty and cranky I just want to kill him. It's a miracle we survived last fall when he hurt it -- PLAYING GOLF --because he was sure that he could just work through the pain. Surgery was needed and he was home with me for WEEKS! It was so bad that he gave me this to apologize...

It was bad. And call me crazy but I really don't want to go down that road again! Men can be such idiots! Those poor secretaries...he doesn't even try to be nice when his back hurts. For the first time I can honestly say I'm glad I have school tonight! :O)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Thanks for the aquarium update. Also, you have my most sincere sympathy. My husband has thrown his back out three times and it has almost caused divorce each time.

Kris said...

Those ballerinas are so sweet! They have such happy expressions! (Sorry I'm not more sympathetic about the bad back husband, but I've got one of them myself at the moment! He just got out of bed and just about couldn't. It's going to be a looooong week!)

randi said...

My hubs has a bad back too and he gets SO crabby sometimes! I can understand your frustration. I also feel bad for our hubbies and their backs!