Monday, August 25, 2008

Things are not going my way...

I seem to be in some sort of slump! You know how you get an idea and then you sketch the idea and then you attempt the idea and then you realize that you didn't have a clue what you were doing? That's how I feel about Jump Rope Girl! Boohoo. I really love her. I think she's kind of cute and she does remind me of Miss Kell, but when I finished all the embroidery and all the beading she ended up just kind of sitting there in the middle of the block looking a little lost with her jump rope. So I of course called my trusted advisor...MOOOOOLLLLYYYY! do you like this? "mmmmm, she's not so great is she? Definitely not my favorite." WAAAAAAAAHHH, I KNEW it! I think she's pretty bad too! I can't figure out how to fix her. I tried so many things I finally went with this even though I hate it...
I just didn't want her to be a UFO. But I'm so sad about her...she had such potential in my sketch book! I'm going to move on, but I think after I finish a few other things I may come back to her and just chop off most of the area around her and make it a really small wall hanging. I don't know, I just can't look at her anymore. She upsets me. I do love her eyes though! And those little heart sequins -- I attached them with invisible thread...But those flowers????!! I just couldn't figure out anything else to do! I hate them. I'm going to put her away and come back to her when I've worked it out in my head how to fix her. Poor jump rope girl! I'm a little worried that pool girl...

might be going down the same path! So, moving on...

Friday was pre first day of school hair cut day and a stop at the dairy for some super yummy ice cream...
Ryan doesn't like to have his hair cut by the same gal the rest of us use so he was sporting his mop head look for one more day. Saturday we got his head under control...
He is so confident -- he wasn't worried about Middle School at all! He was like "here I come, let the games begin!" Can you tell I'm a little worried that I'll be getting to know the Principal a little too well this year? hhhhhh, I'm not ready for him to move on to the big grades. He's my one -- ya know what I mean? Mr I'm so gosh darn impressive and hilarious that I can do ANYTHING. Like the back flip off the sofa last month...Darn near killed himself.

So it's the first day of school today. Amazingly, everyone got out the door on time. I was worried with three schools, three bus times and Mark in the mix, but all went well. Jason and Molly leave at 7am, Ryan at 7:30am and Kellie at 8:30am.

Now I'm off to get Howard to the vet for the Colonoscopy. Can I just tell you how scared I am that he wont wake up from the anesthesia? Oh, I'm a mess about this. I wouldn't even be letting them do this if his blood work hadn't been all screwy. But I'm afraid to ignore it. Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

maggik1 said...

Thanks, Mary, for your kind words. PLEASE do not chop anything off your Jump Rope Girl - she's lovely! Full of life and action! She's cheered me up no end.

Randi said...

Your jump rope girl is adorable!

I hope your dog is fine now. Please be sure to post an update on him!