Thursday, August 28, 2008

Love This Bread

First...I'm in love with banana nut bread -- if they told me I could have banana nut bread in exchange for one of my kids I would say "okay! take the teenage boy, he'll make you insane in a week but he's worth banana nut bread!" Isn't that a sweet compliment for any mom to give? I thought so too.Banana Nut Bread

1 3/4 cups flour

2/3 cups sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 cup mashed ripe bananas

1/3 cup butter

2 Tbsp milk

2 eggs

1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts)



oven at 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl combine 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add mashed bananas, butter, and milk. Beat with electric mixer on low speed till blended, then on high speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and remaining 3/4 cup of flour and beat till blended. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf. Yum. I even got Jason to take out the garbage with the promise of a slice! Now you know that's good!



So about Howard...is very happy to be home with his pillow!I wont know the results of the test for a few days. For now he's taking these twice a day...


which are impossible to get him to take without these...


I don't want to know what kind of garbage are in these -- I'm sure they aren't healthy, but he is really hard to get pills in. He hides them in his lips and makes it look like he swallowed, but when I turn around he spits them out. brat. Anyway, these pill pocket things must taste great because he runs to me when he hears me open the pill bottles! Those ginormous pills are chewable and must taste pretty good too because he acts like they are a treat.

I think I was starving poor Howard though. They said bland diet (rice with ground beef) for two days. He eats 6 cups of food a day so they said give him 6 cups of rice a day. I was making 7 cups with 1 pound of beef mixed in a day. He was acting like he was hungry all the time. This morning I gave him a full bowl of the rice and added 1 and 1/2 cups of his food and he ate it in about 2 minutes! Poor dog! Clearly 6 cups of rice isn't the same as 6 cups of dog food!

I don't like the vet who did the colonoscopy. His wife (who is also a vet) is great but she doesn't do this test so I had to deal with him. rrrrr. He's an ass. Little man syndrome I think. He's about my height and I'm only 5'2"...mmmhmm. He has curly (like a 1970's perm) and glasses -- mmmhmmm. Anyway, he doesn't agree with my natural food for pets -- he always want to sell me the crap food they sell. When he gets the results of this test he'll probably want to put Howard on a steroid, but I don't believe in over medicating dogs -- especially steroids that are known to shorten a dogs life (and will probably recommend one of those prescription dog foods). So my sister thinks I should switch him to a raw food diet - then we worked out the cost. SHAAAAZAMMM! Because of his size that's about $81 in dog food a week!!!! A WEEK!!! hmmm, I still don't want to do any steroids or crap food, but that's a little too expensive for my budget. I'm feeding him Innova for Large Breeds and he really likes it. And I'm not about to switch him to one of those nasty prescription dog foods that the vets like to use -- they are full of awful ingredients. You can't tell me that that is better than the food he is currently getting. I'm going to wait and see what the diagnosis is and then I'll talk to my niece -- the dog food guru! :O) -- and see what she recommends...hopefully there is something out there that isn't as expensive as the raw. I just can't swing $324 a month in dog food!


Today is going to be a great day though. I'm meeting my sister for lunch. We have marathon lunches. The restaurant staff hate us. We are usually there about 3 or 4 hours. They usually switch from lunch staff to dinner staff while we are there. And we order so many pots of tea that by the time they serve the last one they don't even try to hide how much they hate us. :o) Oh, I can't wait!

No comments: