Thursday, August 21, 2008

Home...

I'm home!!! Did you miss me? :O) Vacation was great but it's nice to be home. The trip to the beach was really long...Friday is never a good day to go to the beach...everyone goes to the beach on Friday! We don't all fit in the Expedition when Howard goes so Mark drives the kids and Howard with the bikes and I follow behind them in my little Scion with all the luggage.

So as I'm sitting behind him in traffic (can't see very well in this photo, but it's there -- a big long line of cars... Molly is texting me telling me how "he's really ranting now!" ahhhh, it's such a sacrifice to ride alone....I was able to listen to MY Ipod with MY music...I could listen to this guy as many times as I wanted. The problem was that I ate almost an entire bag of York Peppermint Patties! Yikes. That can't be good for the ol' figure.



And I started to notice how dark it was getting...and then this...


Luckily it stopped before we got to the beach and we were able to get the cars unloaded before the next round hit. And I was able to get Howard into the house before the first crack of lightning. Howard loved the beach this time, by the way. He made lots of friends on our nightly walks. It was a constant ..."Hey Howard!!!" every time we went out the door.


The beach was beautiful! Perfect beach weather.


of course there was the family next to us with the mom who NEVER stopped talking to her kids. Mom's like that make me nuts. Why can't she just let them do their thing?! She spoke at the top of her lungs from the second they arrived until they left and never gave the kids a minute of peace. I heard her say "oh, they are so cranky this week" YEAH! I would be too if I had to listen to her 24 hours a day - they couldn't do anything without her being involved.

We put in a lot of beach time and did some of this...





And a little miniature golf...



It really was a very nice vacation. My birthday was the 19th (43 big ones) and Mark had this waiting for me when we got home...

It's nice to be able to sit down and type on the computer without having to threaten anyone! :O) I'm going to check in on all my favorite blogs and flickr people. ahhhh, it's nice to be home.

1 comment:

Randi said...

Welcome home! Your vacation looks like it was lots of fun!