Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Monday

Sunday I went to an antique show ( This one with all the nasty dealers) and got some great stuff!

A book of poems from 1880...

These are just a few of the cool buttons I bought from my button lady...

How cool is this one!!!



These are about 2 inches across and much prettier in person - they have a pink tint to them...


These are hand made and the little one is about 1/4 inch and the big one is about a 1/2 inch! Can you imagine trying to see what you were doing to make these?! It's crazy.

When I got home it was like this out...

So I had to wait until about 4:30 to go to the grocery to get something for dinner. Mark decided to go with me. It's really crowded (I guess everyone waited for the rain to stop). So we are at the check out and we count our items and we have 15 YAAAAH! We can go in the 15 or less express lane. And so begins the cat fight...
So we unload our cart and we are waiting our turn. This woman behind Mark says really loudly to her husband "I HATE WHEN PEOPLE GET IN EXPRESS WITH A FULL CART!" Mark turns around and says "are you talking about me?" YES! "did you count our items?" "NO!" "Well, we did and we only have 15 items." "YEAH, RIGHT! IT LOOKS LIKE A FULL CART TO ME!" "wow, I sure hope you have a nice day." So we can hear her in the next line over still complaining. It was hilarious. So our turn comes and Mark says to the check out guy "Oh God! Please don't count our items! -- hmm, maybe I'll just add this candy bar and make it 16" hahahahhahahha. Then, we are walking out and I can feel her eyes boring into my back so I look back and she is glaring at me so I give her this look like your a wacko and she says "DON"T YOU GIVE ME THAT LOOK!" So Mark stops, hhhhhh, turns around again and says "you're not talking to us again are you?" Mean while I'm thinking "lady I haven't fed him yet -- he's completely unpredictable when he's hungry. :O) and the woman's husband is growling stopped it! and shaking his head at her. I say "Come on Mark, she's not worth your time." and we leave. It was crazy. So all the way home we are laughing and saying all the things that would have been fun to say. She was a wacko, but my husband was the funniest because he is Mr Control, Mr Calm Cool and Collected when in public and he just couldn't let her get away with it. Too funny. And the check out kid is just laughing his head off, I'm wiping tears from my eyes from laughing, and Mark's talking about all the stuff he's going to add to the cart. Oh it was too funny.


Kellie's camp ended on Friday...

She was a just a tad bit sick of me taking her picture! :O) I'm glad we have a break this week from camps. Today we are seeing the movie Wallie. It looks cute. I only have this week and next week left of school and then I get a few weeks off before the next term. YAHOO! I need a break from it. Here's to a sloooooow week. aaaa. It'll be so nice to just chill.

1 comment:

randi said...

It always surprises me how much nerve some people have. I guess she thought she was the express line police!?!

The buttons you picked up are fabulous! I am looking forward to seeing how you might use them!