Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Feelin' Peachy!

The peaches have been really really good lately!



So last night I decided to make some peach ice cream.




Holy Schmoly it was sooo good. I have this 2 quart Ice Cream Maker and I love it!


PEACH ICE CREAM

3 cups fresh ripe peaches peeled and chopped


1/2 cup sugar

2 tsp pure vanilla extract (it tasted really good but you could taste the vanilla so I think when I make it again I'm going to use only 1 tsp of vanilla)

1 cup sweet condensed milk

1 cup half and half

1 cup (to 1 1/4 cups) whole milk (my machine only held 1 cup)

1 cup evaporated milk



puree peaches with the sugar and half and half. Pour peach mixture into ice cream maker, add remaining milks and vanilla. Turn on machine and let churn for 25 to 30 minutes. Let set in freezer for about 10 to 20 minutes before serving. Makes 2 quarts.


This recipe can be used with any fresh fruit.


I was also in the mood for some raisin bread.


This recipe is from a book, but I can't remember which one -- I think it might be from this one . It makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf in my bread machine. It's the best bread I've ever had come out of my machine! Love it! Kellie wanted me to drizzle a little vanilla icing over it, but I thought that just seemed to take away all the goodness of this bread (but I have to admit that that does sound yummy, too).


RAISIN BREAD


1 1/4 Cups Milk

2 Tbsp Butter

3 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar

1 tsp Salt

3 Cups Bread Flour

2 tsp Ground Cinnamon

1 Pinch Grated Nutmeg

1/2 Cup Raisins

1 1/2 tsp Red Star Brand Active Dry Yeast


Place all ingredients in bread machine and set for 1 - 1 1/2 pound basic (light) crust and then fruit and nut (takes 3 hours and 25 minutes in my machine) and press start. After the bake cycle ends, remove bread from the pan and place on a rack to cool for 1 hour before slicing. I forgot all about removing it so mine is a little darker that it usually is. But still really really yummy.


I had 4 peaches left and some blueberries so I was planning to make Blueberry Peach Muffins but someone ate 2 of the peaches!!!! rrrrr. I guess I'll make blueberry pancakes instead. I was really in the mood for those muffins, too! :O)

No comments: