Monday, June 2, 2008

Plantin'? Na...But a little Show N Tell!

This weekend I bought these for the back yard...





To go in these planters and barrels...






But, I don't feel like doing it. Kellie and Ryan have an early dismissal today and Kellie has a birthday party to go to at 2pm. I just don't want to get all dirty! I think it will just have to wait a few more days.


I pulled this quilt out this weekend... (sorry about the photo, I'm only 5'2" so this is as good as it gets!)



This is my Y2K quilt. Did you do this? It was over the Internet in 1999. Holy Cow! It will be 10 years next year and I haven't quilted it yet!!! Okay, I did not need to realize that today. Pressure, pressure, pressure! Anyhoo, it worked like this...You signed up with your name and State/Country. Then you made fabric packs with 25 2.5 inch squares and one signature square. Then you swapped with people all over the country/world until you had one pack from every state and as many countries as you could (50 states 30 countries). Then you assembled your quilt with 80 blocks made up of 25 squares in each totally 2000 squares in the quilt. Here are just a few of my favorites...



I made mine by using 24 of the squares sent by the person and their signature block in the center. I was really lucky, I swapped with all 50 states and had more countries than I could fit on the front of the quilt so I saved some for the back. I also used my pack of 25 squares that I had sent out for my signature block on the back of the quilt. I added the navy blue 1/2 inch strips to divide up the blocks so that you could see just who had sent what. I'm going to bind it with the same navy blue. I measures 85 inches by 105 inches. Anyway, I thought you might like to see it. It was really fun and it took almost a year to do all the swapping. I'm really glad I did it though. I think it's really cool. Have a great day.

4 comments:

miss chris said...

Wow! That quilt is something else..!

Randi said...

What a neat idea for a quilt! That is an amazing keepsake!

Gina said...

Your new blooms are going to be lovely! The quilt is gorgeous.. unfortunately I have no talent in that department.. I love the Tassie devil tag on one of them!
Thanks for leaving your lovely comment on my blog.. it's been very nice checking out your blog! :)

Dag said...

how cool!!!
i once did a blog art swap with/for fiona and the coolest of all swapies was one that she got from newcaledonia - in a very cool envelope with beautiful stamps! so much fun!!