Friday, June 6, 2008

Oh It's Hot!

Uggg, we have hit Maryland summer heat time. Goodbye beautiful spring. Hello Maryland humidity. I took a walk yesterday and I looked like I hadn't had a bath in a month. My face was blood red, my hair...oh my hair. I have natural curl in my hair so when I'm outside in the summer I get this frizz crazy curl every which way thing going on on top of my head that could be a circus attraction! Even Mark just says "WOW! Now that's got it all goin' on!" :O)

So, it's like 92 degrees and the air is so thick that it's like trying to breathe pure MD sludge. The elementary school's air conditioning is broken yet again. We received a letter from the school a week ago saying that it had broken and that it wouldn't be fixed until sometime next year. hmmmm -- And we have school until June 12th. So, big shocker that the kids and teachers are near death in the school. And so much for security...they have all the windows and doors open! Oh, but lets not forget the office staff. They had window units installed so they are cool as cucumbers! rrrrrr. So anyhoo, last night the school called and said they are closing today at 12:30. My last full day of alone time and quite has now been shot to hell! Next week is finals for Molly and Jason so they will be going in late every day. You have no idea (well, you probably do) how crazy it gets in my house in the summer time. It's constant friends in out - in out, endless eating and mess in the kitchen, drinks drinks drinks. If they all have a friend over (sometimes Ryan has more than one over) it's at least 8 kids eating, drinking, talking. AAAAAAAAAAAAA! I like my quiet time. Then there's the pool where they want to take friends all the time. $50 for first 10 guest passes and then $8 per guest after that. That really adds up. Plus the ice cream and the snowballs....you get the idea. I'm broke and I have permanent lounge chair lines on my butt! Don't get me wrong, we have a lot of fun too, and I love the relaxed days of no school, no rushing, etc. but the NOISE! the cost, and the constant parade of friends. hhhh. that I don't love.

We had a little art show at school a few days ago...


And I do love times like this...

I'm still working on my moms frame. These are the flower petals -- look how many I finished the other night!...


oh, but look how many yet to go, eek. I was planning to work on this today to enjoy the last day of absolute quiet, but oh well. I'll still work on it, but before school Ryan had already asked if his friends can come over. Which means I'll have to call around and find a friend for Kellie. And so it begins.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

What a task! Love the crocodiles..perfect weather for them?