Friday, May 16, 2008

I Love Stumpwork

Yes I do, I truly do. I'm working on this girl today. This will be Molly.





I'm going to make one of each of my kids and put them around the four sides of a fabric box and then on the lid I'm doing Mark and I. I love making people.



I thought I would show you this, too. I made this of our dog Fred when he died a few years ago.



Shocking to say, almost a sacrilege, but I'm thinking Howard might just be even more awesome than Fred was. And Fred was super amazing - best dog ever!


Here is another little sachet that I made. And before you say a word, I know my stitches are a little wonky, but I kind of do my own thing on these -- I don't worry about whether the stitch is "correct" or not. I'm more concerned with do I like it or not. You know what I mean?



I finished getting all the photos scanned and into a new album. And how about that gift for my mom...haven't even started and her birthday was yesterday. I'm hiding at this point. I figure I'll make something this weekend and then take her to lunch next week. She doesn't need to know that I was late right? The lunch outing will make everything right with the world. I'll need a Mojito after it, but it'll be fine. Honestly, I love my mom. She's a great mom. But, she's 82 and is getting really hard to deal with. She's turned that corner if you know what I mean. She opens her mouth and says whatever she wants. She can barely hear but refuses to get a hearing aide because she doesn't want to seem old. (good plan -- it's working out great!) Refuses to give up driving. That's scary business there. Now me, I'd use one of those horns on the side of my head before I would go around saying "what? what? what?" or giving crazy answers because I'm guessing at what people are saying to me. Yeah. Good times there! Anyway, I'll have to call her for next week to plan our stressful lunching, gift giving, Mojito drinking afternoon. Maybe I'll try to drag my sister into. Although she paid her dues this past weekend - believe me!

Oh, and it's 6 days until Memorial Day weekend and you know what that means ... 10lbs lost by Memorial Day campaign is almost over. And how is it working out, you ask -- GREAT! As of this morning I've GAINED 3 pounds! Right on track. So if I don't eat for the next week I'll be able to drop those 13 pounds with out any trouble. Brilliant!

Howard got his new birthday toy...



He loves it. He didn't even put it down for a piece of his birthday pie treat! Now that's true love to be sure! I need to take him to have his nails clipped and to check his weight. He's eating 8 cups of food a day! He's in the middle of a growth spurt, so I'm anxious to see what he weights now. I wanted to go today, but it's raining (again) so it will have to wait until next week. It's hard to believe that he went from this...




to this...

in just 9 months!
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

jude said...

what a fabulous animal!