Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day! (a little late)

Or as Kellie says "Happy Mudder's Day!"

I hope you had a great weekend. I surely did! Dearest Love gave me a new camera...


It's a digital SLR Canon EOS Rebel XTI with some xtra lenses (EF 75 - 300mm, EF 50mm, and EF-S 60mm), and a tripod. Jason gave me a digital photo frame and Molly gave me a camera case! Wow! What a day!


Kellie and Ryan gave me tulips that are really pretty. (I love tulips)


So I was playing around with the camera -- need to read the book I bought from Barnes & Noble so that I can understand this thing!


Today I'm going to work on this little picture.
I'm doing a series Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. So far I've only finished Winter. This will be Spring. I "painted" the base fabric with blue and green water soluble crayons. Now I'm trying to decide if I want her dress to be felt or fabric. I also have to do school work today because I completely blew it off for the entire weekend so now I have to cram.

Ryan is feeling much, much better...



All the swelling is gone and most of the Poison Ivy is gone. Mark on the other hand looks like a leper!


On another note, Chris, I hope you and your family (and friends) are okay with all that bad weather! I'm thinking of you today.

1 comment:

miss chris said...

Oh surely you didn't mean little old me!!? You're so kind. We all made it through ok, although a lot of stuff got blown around. My neighbor's trampoline, for instance. :)

And CONGRATS on the new camera. It's FUN FUN. Enjoy figuring it out. I still have no idea what I'm doing. xo