Monday, April 14, 2008

Finally Spring!

We are finally getting some signs of spring here! The weather has been all over the place. This morning it is so cold that I am running the pellet stove, but by Thursday it's going to be 78 degrees! I took this photo this morning while we waited for the school bus in our driveway. I love this time of year.

I did get the sleeves sewn on my other two wall hangings and I made this little pendent. It needs some tweaking, but it was fun to make.



I'm still trying to work out how I want to make the mobile for my kitchen. I'm hoping to get to that today.


I pulled out Ryan's quilt yesterday, too. Clearly this is not a quilt that an 11 year old boy would want on his bed!

I started this quilt in 1997. I took a long time to finish the top because I kept getting sidetracked. It's been finished for a few years though and I've been slowly quilting it a little here and there. Anyway, I still love this quilt. It's hand appliqued and I'm hand quilting it. I've decided to try to quilt a block a day so I can get it finished. I hate unfinished quilts...they cause me a great deal of guilt. This quilt is from a K.P.Kids book but I can't remember the name of it.

Last night Mark and I watched "About Schmidt". iiiiiii, it was so depressing. I think I liked it a little but the overall feeling was too sad for me. Have you seen it?

2 comments:

miss chris said...

:) Yay for spring!!! We're getting it here today, too.

And that quilt?? Serious love went into that one. So much detail!

Randi said...

Today we had 75 degrees, but Wednesday brings snow. It sure is nice to know that the warm weather will be here to stay very soon!