Monday, March 31, 2008

Making Progress

My leg is much better today thank you. The swelling has gone down and I've almost stopped limping (although, I may bring it back out when hubby's around :o) And I did get all four bedrooms emptied out and this is what my living room looks like...

which led to this concoction...

After 2 I needed to go to bed to sleep it off. :o) because my dear husband makes them without measurements. They were really really strong (but good, too good)

And Ms Kitty -- Ms Kitty is not pleased with all the furniture moving and yelling going on in her house...

I made Chicken Cacciatore for dinner with these Parmesan Smashed Potatoes

They are by far the best mashed potatoes I have ever had. Not low calorie by any stretch, but awesome. They even reheated well in the microwave. Ask Howard, he and I had them for lunch today.

The guys got the carpet down in all the rooms, hall and stairs today! It looks really pretty.

I chose Butter Cream because I wanted a neutral color that would go with any color paint. I just hope it stays Butter Cream and doesn't become Creamy Mud. Howard was completely freaked about all the banging going on. He had me pinned at the sink while I did the pots.

I was talking to a friend about how it drives me crazy that he surfs the counters...she laughed and said wait till he's full grown and can surf the back of the kitchen counters and the top of the fridge! I took this photo today of Howard to show her how big he is getting. This gate is 36 inches tall and he is a good 4 to 6 inches taller than it. He usually rests his chin on the top of it.

So, now all that is left are the windows and the painting. I'm so happy that we are almost finished. I took the kids to Home Depot tonight to pick out their paint colors for their rooms. Molly and Kellie picked SEA LIFE, Ryan picked ORANGE BURST and Jason is undecided, but leaning toward two shades of a blue gray.

I tried and tried to tell them that these colors were a little bold and perhaps they would like the lighter shade on the cards???? NO! Something tells me that I will be painting these two rooms again very soon. (after several coats of primer!)

No comments: