Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Best Cookies Ever and Some Knitting, Too!

Well first, Norman is holding his own so that's good. Second, I made some Oatmeal, Raisin, Chocolate chip cookies yesterday that are the best cookies in the world and super easy -- you don't even need a mixer. Just a big bowl and a spoon. I don't know where the recipe came from, my Mom has been making them for as long as I can remember.
Anyway, I thought you might like the recipe...

Oatmeal Cookies

1 Cup Raisins
1/2 C BOILING Water
Put raisins in a bowl with the boiling water and set aside

Add each of the following in order -- stirring well after each item is added

1C Melter Butter (or margarine)

3/4 C Brown Sugar

3/4 C Sugar

2 Eggs

1/2 tsp Salt

1 tsp Baking Soda

1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Raisins with Water

2 C Quick Oatmeal

2 C Flour

2 C Choc. Chips

1/2 C Chopped Walnuts if desired

(my kids don't like nuts so I leave them out, but they are great with/without nuts)

Drop by tsp onto greased cookie sheet and bake about 9 minutes at 375 degrees till a light golden. Depending on what cookie sheet I'm using, mine take anywhere from 9 - 11 minutes.
I hope you enjoy them.
I did a little knitting yesterday, too.

I started this blanket a few years ago and just put it aside. I love the colors and the pattern (super easy) but I hate how long it takes to knit. I've only finished 16 inches so I have another 25 inches to go. ugh. But I do love the color it's NORO Silk Garden #87.

No comments: